From: Mike Botts [mailto:mike.botts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 13, 2008 2:18 PM
To: 'Woolf, A (Andrew)'; Ron Lake; 'Gerry Creager'; 'Unidata GALEON'
Subject: RE: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

Andrew.

I agree that there are geometries around which we often base our data in
the scientific community. However, perhaps what Gerry is talking about
comes from a SWE influence where we focus more on pure observations,
which can then be organized into geometries based on your needs or based
on the sampling pattern.

Perhaps the attached email from the SensorML Forum might explain this
concept better.

Thanks.
Mike Botts