Re: WCS change request process guidance

John,

I was planning to discuss the change proposal briefly in the GALEON report in the Coverages WG session Wednesday afternoon.

During our last teleconference the GALEON team agreed that our long term goal was in tune with the approach you mention, namely, "use well-defined format profiles (e.g., WCS/NetCDF, WCS/GeoTIFF, WCS/HDF-EOS, etc.) as people write them." But, while the details of the new approach are being worked out, we'd propose the simple addition of "netCDF" as a sixth item in the existing "acceptable formats" list -- as an interim measure so that a WCS which only serves netCDF would conform to the standard.

-- Ben