Re: WCS change request process guidance

Hello Ben,

You wrote:

... I have submitted an additional change request which is available as a "pending document" on the OGC portal. A copy is available at:

<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/WCS-netCDFformat-1.0.doc>
... I would appreciate some guidance as to how to proceed from here...

You've posted a WCS change proposal. You're done!
The WCS RWG must now consider your proposal.

Although not required, it might be useful next week to explain the change proposal, and the proposed NetCDF profile, to WCS aficionados. Would you be willing and able to do this? This could occur during the WCS RWG mtg. Wednesday morning, or within the Coverages WG mtg. that afternoon.

I think the WCS RWG is especially interested in the NetCDF profile referenced in the change proposal. Our current intention is to remove the "acceptable formats" list in WCS 1.1, and instead use well-defined format profiles (e.g., WCS/NetCDF, WCS/GeoTIFF, WCS/HDF-EOS, etc.) as people write them.

--
 John D. Evans, Ph.D.  <john.evans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 NASA Geoscience Interoperability Office  /  GST, Inc.