Re: GALEON report

Hello Martin,

thanks for trying our service! Yes indeed, we fully bought us into SOAP. However, as you only seem to need a GetCap request in non-SOAP, Ivan is about to implement a GET type GetCap. Unfortunately with resources given we can't change the GetCov to a GET request; the problem is that axis is the (SOAP-) wrapper around the service, so we'd need to re-interface. Ivan will inform you when he has finished the GetCap using GET, hopefully we then get a step further.

...in addition to this thread:
anybody out there having a SOAP based client?

thanks,
Peter

Martin Daly wrote:
OK, I've read on a bit, and see that the service only supports SOAP
requests, correct?  If so then our client cannot connect to your
service, I'm afraid.

We have always worked on the understanding that services had to support
HTTP GET for the GetCapabilities, and then we would either automatically
choose, or allow the user to choose, whether to use HTTP POST or HTTP
GET from that point on.  If I recall correctly, it turned out that this
(HTTP GET for GetCapabilities) was never mandated in any of the W*S
specs, but that others had made the same assumption as us.

So, if you were able to implement an HTTP GET GetCapabilities, e.g. as a
wrapper for your SOAP implementation, then that would greatly aid
interoperability for Cadcorp, and I suspect, for others.  This
pebble-in-the-pond also ripples out to supporting HTTP GET and/or HTTP
POST wrappers for the other requests, the SOAP interfaces not yet having
been adopted by OGC, or implemented by us.

Regards,
Martin