RE: GALEON report

I can't figure out a GetCapabilities request URL for your service. Can you give me a clue? I tried this:

http://mango.eecs.iu-bremen.de:8180/axis/services/WCS?REQUEST=GetCapabil
ities&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0

OK, I've read on a bit, and see that the service only supports SOAP requests,
correct?  If so then our client cannot connect to your service, I'm afraid.

We have always worked on the understanding that services had to support HTTP
GET for the GetCapabilities, and then we would either automatically choose, or
allow the user to choose, whether to use HTTP POST or HTTP GET from that point
on.  If I recall correctly, it turned out that this (HTTP GET for
GetCapabilities) was never mandated in any of the W*S specs, but that others
had made the same assumption as us.

So, if you were able to implement an HTTP GET GetCapabilities, e.g. as a
wrapper for your SOAP implementation, then that would greatly aid
interoperability for Cadcorp, and I suspect, for others.  This
pebble-in-the-pond also ripples out to supporting HTTP GET and/or HTTP POST
wrappers for the other requests, the SOAP interfaces not yet having been
adopted by OGC, or implemented by us.

Regards,
Martin