Re: [awips2-users] Automatic Clearing of AWIPS II's memory for prolonged use.

  • To: "Capehart, William J" <William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Automatic Clearing of AWIPS II's memory for prolonged use.
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 11:20:01 -0500
Hi Bill,

Are you seeing this memory warning with D2D or NCP or both?  Dev comments
note that  "perspectives can override the default behavior to take more
extreme actions to reduce memory usage", but it's not clear if or how this
is done by D2D or NCP (I'm looking into it).

A solution is to increase the maximum memory available to CAVE by changing
"-Xmx" in /awips2/cave/cave.ini

from
-Xmx2560M
-Xmx6144M

This 6GB max will be the new default in future CAVE releases (beginning
with 16.2.2), which will hopefully prevent this warning message.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO