Re: [awips2-users] Optimizing AWIPS 2 and LDM

Any performance improvements with a larger LDM queue?

The grid log will show you which files are crashing the JVM, I suggest
disabling those models in pqact.conf.  I've seen this happen with the NDFD
and I'm not sure why. Which other models cause core dumps?

With 15.1.3 there are new pqact.conf entries for a number of models, with a
default set enabled and most regional, ensemble, and duplicate models
disabled.   The master set of grids to ingest to EDEX (including most
regional models) is
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/awips2/unidata_15.1.1/rpms/awips2.upc/Installer.ldm/patch/etc/pqact.grids

I'm able to process this entire set on a server with 16 cores, 24 GB
memory, and 1 TB SDD disk.  But if I turn on other feeds, especially
NEXRAD3, I have to pare down the number grids I'm ingesting or everything
backs up.  Hence the default set in 15.1.3 pqact.conf.

 .

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO