[awips2-users] Optimizing AWIPS 2 and LDM

  • To: "awips2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <awips2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [awips2-users] Optimizing AWIPS 2 and LDM
  • From: Brian Bernard <bbernard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:17:07 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Hello,

Does anyone have any tips on optimizing the AWIPS II EDEX server and LDM?

I mean optimizing to minimize data loss, and so data (particularly gridded
data) is processed quickly and with reduced latency.

At the present time, I'm using a Dell T3610 workstation for my demo AWIPS II
Edex server. It has 64GB RAM, four 512GB SSD and an Intel Xeon E5-1620
processor with eight cores.

I find that with some of the data, the server slows down and in fact it will
stop ingesting grib data after a couple of days. When I check the logs, I
notice a number of core dumps that have been generated.

So, if anyone can give any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Brian Bernard

  • Search the awips2-users archives: