Re: [awips2-users] Adding/Deleting Models from Volume Browser/Sources/Volume

Brian,

I believe the reason this did not work for you is that by manually copying
the new user-level localization file, the server does not recognize it
without a restart, and will not sync it to your local caveData.  An EDEX
restart with a removal of local ~/caveData should solve this.  An easier
way, one which ensures that files are synced between server and client (and
the changes are available immediately if you have not opened Volume Browser
already during your CAVE session):

1) In the Localization Perspective you can navigate to *D2D* > *Volume
Browser *> *VbSources* and click on *volume.xml* to expand. Then
right-click on *BASE* and select *Copy To... User (awips)*.

2) You can then right-click again on the *VbSources* folder and select
*Refresh* to see your new localization file called *USER (awips).*  In this
file add or edit entries for "rap32" and save the file.

3) Then launch the Volume Browser (or shutdown and restart CAVE and do the
same, and you'll see the new additions.

The file will then exist on the EDEX server (assuming username awips) as
/awips2/edex/data/utility/cave_static/users/awips/volumebrowser/VbSources/index.html

and will exist on the local CAVE machine as
~/caveData/etc/user/awips/volumebrowser/VbSources/index.html

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Brian Bernard <brian.brianbernard@xxxxxxxxx