[wxp] Global satellite images

NOTE: The wxp mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

WXPers,

I'm trying to generate large-ish (ideally 1280x986) images for display on
large screens our department recently bought.  One of the images I wanted to
put up was a global satellite view.  Using the command:

xsat  -ge=1280x968 -if=sat_ir_g -cu=la -de=d

I get the data and the map plotted in separate parts of the plot, as seen
in:

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~bcotton/mollweide.gif

Is this a limitation of the global satellite files that come in off the IDD
or is there something I can do to force it to work?

Thanks,
BC

P.S.  Version 5.46-Linux-X11

--