Re: Where do you put WXP?

NOTE: The wxp mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Dan Vietor wrote:

This is a question for WXP users on Red Hat products.

I'm looking at doing RPM files for RHEL3, FC4 and FC5 and want to know
preferred locations.  The default in the past has been /home/wxp just
due to differences in where each OS puts third party software.  I
know /usr/local/wxp is another preferred location which is somewhat in
line with prior software installations.  I was also thinking
of /usr/wxp.

I do /usr/local/bin for the binaries, and /usr/local/etc for the config files. But that's just (and probably only) me.

I'm looking for some help here on the best location...

I will be creating a yum repository for WXP on the weather.unisys.com
web site.  So you can add a wxp repo listing in the yum.conf file to
update WXP directly.

I'm also producing a wxp-devel, wxp-perl and wxp-python set of RPM files.

Cool! Will be interesting to see where people put their stuff.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the wxp archives: