Re: [wcsplus] WCS 1.0+ interoperability and application profiles

NOTE: The wcsplus mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi Bruce (cc list),

These are important points, thanks.  I think GALEON extracted some
best-practice conventions that will probably help here.

A wider question - having missed the Boulder TC that spawned this list
and the concept of a "WCS 1.0.0+" I'd like to know how this effort is
regarded in OGC and the WCS community?  How likely is "WCS+" to be
accepted as a standard (and, more importantly, how many people are
likely to actually implement it)?  Is it likely to be superseded very
quickly by WCS1.2?  How much effort is it really worth putting in to
this?

Cheers, Jon