Re: [wcsplus] asynchronous response

NOTE: The wcsplus mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi Ethan,

(still not fully digested your brain dump..) I'm also finding it useful to think of this in terms of the behaviour of the client and server.

I think the wcs server can:
        return data
        return an XML manifest pointing to stored data.
        return a "pollable" URI

The service at the pollable URI* can:
        return some sort of status message (e.g. not ready)
return an XML manifest pointing to stored data
A full 1.0.0 + client can:
        call GetCoverage
        call a Polling service
        get data from a URI

Does that match your view of things?

Dominic

*The polling service and 'the wcs server' may be one and the same thing, but it's maybe useful to separate them for this discussion.