[visad] Best IDE for Visad?

Dear visad community,

I am breathing life back into a visad application that I developed a decade ago.

Back then I was working on UNIX and coding in a plain old text editor. I could
go that route, but I'd be very interested to hear what development environment
is used by other people. Do many of the visad community use an IDE? I do a
little C++ as well and so I was considering NetBeans.

If you have any experience or advice you can share then that would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew Wilson
Team Leader, Reservoir Geophysics and QI

BG Group plc | Thames Valley Park | Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1PT
Tel +44 (0)118 929 2549 | Mob: +44 (0)7825 118 515
email: andrew.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:andrew.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
BG Energy Holdings Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 3763515 Registered address:
100 Thames Valley Park Drive
Reading, Berkshire RG6 1PT UK
Telephone: +44 (0)118 935 3222
Website: http://www.BG-Group.com

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. As this
e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information, please advise
us immediately if you are not the named addressee or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee and
delete all copies from your system. The contents should not be
disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. If the content of this
email or attachment is personal or unconnected with our business, BG
Energy Holdings Limited accepts no liability or responsibility for it.
Please also note that we make every effort to keep our network free
from viruses and this email has been scanned accordingly. BG Energy
Holdings Limited accepts no responsibility for viruses once an email has
been transmitted.