From: Robin Roos
Sent: 02/07/13 04:02 AM
To: visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [visad] -XInt

Hi Folks
I am working with a third-party application for financial analysis. I observe
that the application tends to crash when visualizing and rotating a 3D image of
a surface, unless the VM arg “-XInt” is provided. I also observe that the
package has dependencies on VisAD (we do not know what version of VisAD is
used).
-XInt is a VM arg which tells the JVM never to use the HotSpot compiler to
compile Java bytecode into machine code.
-XInt has obvious performance implications, since all Java bytecode is always
interpreted.
Without wishing to imply that there are any deficiencies in VisAD itself, has
anyone else reported a similar issue (perhaps with earlier versions)?
Much obliged, Robin.

This e-mail and attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. It is intended for the use of the addressee only. If
you receive this e-mail and attachments by mistake, you must not disclose,
disseminate, distribute, copy or otherwise use it. Please notify the sender
immediately and delete the e-mail and attachments from your system.
Archipel, Archipel Dynamic, Archipel Master, Brummer Multi-Strategy, Brummer
Multi-Strategy Euro, Brummer Multi-Strategy 2xL, Carve 1, Carve 2, Carve
Master, Futuris, Lynx, Nektar and Zenit are special funds according to the
Swedish Investment Funds Act (2004:46). None of the Funds are UCITS funds.
This e-mail is not a solicitation or recommendation to acquire units in the
Funds. The units of the Funds have not been registered and will not be
registered in accordance with any securities legislation in the United States,
Canada, Japan, Australia or New Zealand or elsewhere and may not be offered or
sold to or within the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia or New Zealand or
in such countries where such offer or sale would be in conflict with applicable
laws or regulations.