Re: [visad] VisAD with Java 1.7 on Windows 7

Jim,

Thanks for the update. Can you give some details about how you did this? I have been looking closely into this issue myself. As far as I understand, Java 3D has been taken over by the open source community (1.6 is out, https://github.com/hharrison). Once JOGL 2.0 is final, we should see Java 3D working on Java 7 on all platform. (Java 3D is dead. Long live Java 3D.)

See here for details: http://gouessej.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/java-3d-est-de-retour-java-3d-is-back/

The JOGL forums are another good source of information: http://forum.jogamp.org/.

Best,

-Julien