Re: [visad] Strange rendering depending on axis range

Dear Ghansham,

Thank you for sending the class, I could compile and test it.

I can confirm that using your modified ShadowImageByRefFunctionTypeJ3D class
the situation is somewhat improved, however the visualization using texture ON
is still not very useful for MS data.

It is more apparent when I applied the color map that we normally use in
MZmine.  Please check the attached screenshots:
- with texture off
- with texture ON using default visad.jar
- with texture ON using your modified ShadowImageByRefFunctionTypeJ3D

So far I think we will stick to setting the texture OFF.

Best regards,

Tomas

On May 29, 2012, at 9:10 PM, Ghansham Sangar wrote:

> Respected Tom Rink Sir and Tomas Pluskal Sir.
>
> I have tried to access the latest visad source code from the SVN.
> And added support into byRef renderer to take care
> Range->ZAxis and Range->RGB Mapping.
>

> Pluskal Sir, kindly preseve the current jar file and
> update your jar with the attached class file, it should work for you.
> Use jar command with -uvf option.
>
> Attached herewith the modified program VisadTestDump.java.
> I am putting the class file on ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming.
> I am not able to send it through my office mail.
>
> Kindly see my comments in the program.
>
> Sort of a disclaimer notice, but still to say.
> This is just a TEMPORARY (NOT PROPERLY TESTED) SOLUTION but still QUITE
> EFFICIENT ;-).
>
> Just give it a try.
>
> I hope it helps you a bit.
>
> with regards
> Ghansham

Tomá? Pluskal
G0 Cell Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
TEL: +81-98-966-8684
Fax: +81-98-966-2890