Re: [visad] Problem related to reading HDF5 file

Hi Ankita,

ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.exceptions.
> HDF5Exception: HDF5File:
> ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.exceptions.HDF5FunctionArgumentException: Inappropriate
> type

I do not know the details of the VisAD HDF5 reader implementation, so I may
be off base here, but from that exception I would guess the reader simply
cannot handle the structure of your H5 data.

http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/java-hdf5-html/

> I cant open this site.

I believe the more recent URL is:
  http://www.hdfgroup.org/hdf-java-html/

Another way to read many HDF5 files in Java, without needing JNI, is to use
Unidata's NetCDF Java library:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

It does have certain limitations in what it can do though. And neither of
those links by itself will be enough to transform your file into a VisAD
data object. Unfortunately, as far as I know, no one is actively maintaining
the VisAD HDF5 file adapter, so you may be on your own.

Regards,
Curtis