Re: [visad] GOES RAW to Radiances

If the AREA file contains the "calibration block", then the AreaFile
class has a method "setCalType()" that should allow you to set the
calibration type you want before you call "getFloatData()" to get the
pixel values.

If this does not work, the only other options I know of are using the
ADDE server -- if "CLASS" uses ADDE to deliver the AREA files, you can
simply request the "unit" you want in the ADDE request; otherwise, you
can use McIDAS-V (free download) to run a local ADDE server.  You
would need to configure this (via McIDAS-V) to point to your local
AREA files, and leave the server running when you run your MATLAB
application.

tom