Re: [visad] Display bug found in VisAD: Geometry Disappears

Hi VisAD people,

It has been about 2 months since I reported this bug and I've started to look at it again.

I'd like to report that it still manifests with the most recent checkout of visad from svn (20100628) with openjdk 1.6 and java3d 1.5.2.

Is there a visad ticketing system? has this bug been added? What is the process?

You guys are experts with this library, are there any additional suggestions I could try?

My current strategies include:
1. attempting to detect the presence of the bug and throw an exception (unfortunately the scene graph looks fine) 2. peek into the visad infrastructure and root out the race condition/bug (it's a beast and slow going inferring internal behaviours)
3. improving reproducibility (see attached)

I have an updated the test harness to reproduce the bug with build scripts and lots of docs (see attached). Just just add a visad.jar file to the lib directory.

thanks for any help you can provide!

Jason.

Dr. Jason Brownlee
Software Engineer