Re: [visad] Display bug found in VisAD: Geometry Disappears

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Our operational system is using VisAD release 20100224 (Wed Feb 24 09:48:08 CST 2010) and as I mentioned in the previous email the provided sample code will demonstrate the bug on VisAD 20100224 (release) and the 20100418 (nightly).

I tested with your suggestion of setting the system property visad.java3d.geometryByRef to false, although sadly it did not resolve the issue.

For thoroughness, I specifically re-tested the following combinations:

-Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true (default)
  - VisAD 20100224 (release): still occurs
  - VisAD 20100418 (nightly), still occurs
  - VisAD 20100420 (nightly), still occurs
-Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=false
  - VisAD 20100224 (release): still occurs
  - VisAD 20100418 (nightly), still occurs
  - VisAD 20100420 (nightly), still occurs

Sincerely,

Dr Jason Brownlee
Software Engineer
Australian Bureau of Meteorology