Re: [visad] Analysis of Patient medical Data

Hi Katende,

VisAD excels at plotting numerical data, especially data sampled as
multidimensional fields, including lines, surfaces, volumes, isocontours and
isosurfaces, and flow vectors.

VisAD also provides some support for categorical data, using (e.g.) line
graphs and shapes. You can plot text including labeled graph axes, as well
as arbitrary shapes. You can use it to do things like plot glyphs (squares,
triangles, or any user-defined shapes) at select data points, but it is not
dead simple out of the box—it takes a little more effort to generate these
kinds of pictures.

Lastly, VisAD provides hooks for user interaction in the form of its "direct
manipulation" support. This might be useful for creating drill-down effects
for your categorical data. For a simple example, see the "interactive scale"
demo in visad_examples.jar.

There is a large collection of source code examples available from the VisAD
web site; just download visad_examples.jar.

Also check out the VisAD Tutorial for an introduction:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/tutorial/index.html

And if you want to see some screenshots of VisAD in action, see:
  * http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/gallery/
  * http://www.loci.wisc.edu/visbio/screenshots.html

HTH,
Curtis