  From: "Ugo Taddei"
  To: visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [visad] Question on TupleTypes
  Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:23:55 +0200 (CEST)

  Hello,

  I'm using VisAD to model database tables and have a question.

  Let a db table have an id, an x and an y coord, and a few other
  fields
  like temperature, pressure etc.

  I create a MathType like

  (id -> (x,y,temp,pressure,...)

  (that is RealType -> (RealTupleTypes)).

  Used a Linear1DSet as domain of a FlatField and got the points all
  right
  on the display. Here a snippet:

  TupleType range_tuple = ...;

  RealType index = RealType.getRealType( "id" );
  FunctionType func_i_xy = new FunctionType( index, range_tuple );

  Set index_set = new Integer1DSet(index, count);
  FlatField vals_ff = new FlatField( func_i_xy, index_set );

  vals_ff.setSamples( vals);

  Now I have another type of geometry, rather than single points, much
  like
  the 2D Set found in Region.java, which defines a polygon:

  int[][] tris = DelaunayCustom.fill(samples);
  DelaunayCustom delaunay = new DelaunayCustom(samples, tris);

  Irregular2DSet region =
  new Irregular2DSet(earth, samples, null, null, null, delaunay);

  which I also want to fill.

  So I changed the type to

  (id ->( (x,y) , temp, pressure, ...))

  (x,y) is a RealTupleType.SpatialCartesian2DTuple, whereas the other
  fields
  are RealTypes (defined by float[][]).

  To the question: what method setSample do I need? If that makes sense
  at
  all. Or do I have to wrap ((x,y),temp,pressure,...) in some
  visad.Data
  object?

  Thanks in advance,

  Cheers,