  From: "Ben Webster"
  To: visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [visad] Modification to FFT.java
  Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:35:29 +0000

  Hello,

  I found the VisAD project via a code excerpt for your FFT algorithm.
  I've been looking at VisAD itself, and it looks very interesting, but
  in the short term I just wanted to use your FFT algorithm. I've
  removed the VisAD dependencies from the FFT code, just leaving the
  FT2D and FT1D methods, etc. I just wanted to check whether it is
  acceptable (under the LGPL) to package this as a (very small) library
  to use from my commercial code. I've attached the modified code -
  really all I needed to do was remove the first few methods and change
  the VisAD exceptions to IllegalArgumentExceptions.

  Best Regards,
  Ben.

  --
  Ben Webster
  Director

  IT-IS International Ltd
  1 Wainstones Court
  StokesleyBusiness Park
  Stokesley
  North Yorkshire
  TS9 5JY
  United Kingdom

  T: +44 (0) 1642 714222
  www.itisint.com

  Company no: 5098475
  Registered in the UK

  The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted
  with
  it is strictly Confidential and intended for the addressee only. If
  you have
  received this e-mail in error please notify the originator.
  Reasonable
  endeavours have been used to check for virus infection in this email,
  including attachments; however, this does not warrant freedom from
  such
  infection and you are responsible for conducting your own virus
  checking.