Re: hdf5 support

Joseph:

I regret to say that it appears the HDF (EOS and 5) support no longer
works because of
changes at NCSA -- they were the ones who contributed to the VisAD work, and no
longer do so.

I should add, however, that it really never "completely" worked, and we
think the best bet is to wait for work being done at Unidata in NetCDF
to support
HDF5 in Java.  While it may be possible to use the current Java-NetCDF library
release to read the data since some HDF5 support is already there, you would
have to create your own Data objects since this library is not used in Plain.

Regards,

tom