Re: orthophoto over dem

Hi Andrea,

> > . . .
> > That isn't the right approach. You need to define
> > an extension class of visad/CoordinateSystem.java
> > that defines the mappings of your photo coordinates
> > to and from earth reference coordinates (assuming
> > the domain of your dem is in earth coordinates),
> > and use this class in the domain Set of your image
> > FlatField.
> >
> > Then you need to put your dem FlatField and your
> > image FlatField in a Field[] array, and pass this
> > to the FieldImpl.combine() method. This will remap
> > them to a common domain (the domain of the first
> > FlatField in the array) and return a FlatField
> > with range components for both image and dem. Then
> > display this with the dem component ScalarMap'ed to
> > ZAxis and the image component ScalarMap'ed to RGB.
> >
> > See Section 4.1 of the VisAD tutorial for an example
> > of displaying color over a topography.
>
> Yes, my domain is metric and the resolutions are different. Dem could be
> 10 meters and photo 1 meter.
> So I should define a coordinatesystem for metric and than combine the
> fields. I can't find where to use the coordinate system.
>
> In the code below I read the image and gain a flatField, which is
> already read in the wrong position (the imageposition 0-2000,0-2000).
> I do a resampling which obviously does not what I need, but I assume it
> is there that something should happen.
>
>        Set domainSet2 = new Linear2DSet(domain, 1632840.5, 1634840.5,
>                 (int) (1634840.5 - 1632840.5), 5097079.5, 5099079.5,
>                 (int) (5099079.5 - 5097079.5));
>         imageField.resample(domainSet2);

This should be:

        imageField = imageField.resample(domainSet2);

Because the domain RealTupleType for imageField comes
from DefaultFamily.open(), it will be easier to
resample demField to domainSet2 than to resample
imageField to the domain Set of demField. To do this,
construct domainTuple (for demField) using:

  RealTupleType domainTuple
    new RealTupleType(easting, northing, coord_sys, null);

where coord_sys is an instance of your new CoordinateSystem
extension class that defines the mappings of
(easting, northing) to and from the reference (x, y)
(the coordinates of imageField).

You need to resample demField to domainSet2 and merge
demField and imageField into a single FlatField. You
can do both these operations by:

  Field[] fields = {imageField, demField}; // is this legal Java syntax?
  Field combinedField = FieldImpl.combine(fields);

Then display combinedField as in Section 4.1 of the
tutorial.