Re: Help on Data Transect

Hi Antonio-

Antonio Benvenuti wrote:

I would like to implement a functionality like IDV's "Data Transect" in my
application.
I am actually representing a base map from a netcdf file, mapping latitude,
longitude respectively on the Y, X axes and the altitude as RGB values.
Could you suggest me a way to do it?

The easiest thing would be too look through the
ucar.unidata.idv.control.DataTransectControl and work your
way back. But for a quick summary the IDV has:

3 Data References with RealTuples (XYZ) in them for the
selector points (two end points, one mid point).
1 Data Reference with a Gridded2DSet on a 1D manifold (for
the line)
ActionImpls that listen for changes when the selector points are
directly manipulated and update the postions of the line
and other points.

A listener on the line so that when it changes:
 - A sampling set of points along the line is generated
   (see ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil.sliceAlongLatLonLine)
 - the data field is resamples along that line.

You could reinvent this all, or just use the pieces of the
IDV library that we've already developed.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm