Re: fea visualisation in VisAD

Hi Rupert,

I assume FEA = Finite Element Analysis. Finite
element analyses can be represented in the VisAD
data model, using GriddedSets or IrregularSets
for the spatial geometries, as the domain Sets of
FlatFields for the dependent variables sampled
over those geometries. Times series can be
represented as FieldImpls of such FlatFields,
with a 1-D domain Set for sample times. You should
be able to find examples of such things (although
not specifically from FEA) in the tutorial and
other examples. I suggest that you look into this,
and get back to this list with any more specific
questions.