how to determine visible data range?

Hello,

I'm using VisAD library to visualize a large data sets of mass spectrometry data in 3D. I would like to resample the visible part of the data set according to the current zoom (scale), to get a primitive "level of detail" support. I have added a listener for the projection control, so I know when the scale changes and using MouseBehaviorJ3D.unmake_matrix() I can get the current scale, rotation and translation values. But I don't know how to determine the subset of the domain (X/Y axes), which is currently visible.
Is there any simple way how to do it?
Thanks!

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas Pluskal
G0 Cell Unit, Initial Research Project
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
12-22 Suzaki, Uruma-shi, Okinawa 904-2234, JAPAN
TEL:  +81-98-921-3966