Re: Muting the colors of a color table

Hi Don,

You could pull the RGB colors out of your ColorControl
or ColorAlphaControl, pass them through the fromReference()
method of an HSVCoordinateSystem (transforms RGB to HSV),
decrease the saturation of each color, then pass them back
through the toReference() method of the HSVCoordinateSystem
and put the resulting RGB values back into your Color*Control.

You can run 'java HSVDisplay' in the visad/examples directory
to get a feel for HSV color coordinates.

You'll have to experiment to determine whether decreasing
saturation gives the desired result, or one of the methods
that Curtis suggested.