Re: FlatField.evaluate() returning missing

  • To: Cicero Augusto Wollmann Zandoná <cicero@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FlatField.evaluate() returning missing
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:07:45 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Cicero,

There are several possible sources of the problem:

1. The flatSamples array is full of missing values.

2. createDomain() is creating domain Set samples that are
   not located where you are clicking on the screen (i.e.,
   not near the samples of your first Field)

3. The domain_tuple and func_dom_pix MathTypes you are
   using to construct your second Field are not the same
   as the MathTypes for your first Field, perhaps instead
   related by a CoordinateSystem, further confusing the
   location issue.

Of course, there may be a bug in VisAD, but resampling has
been thoroughly exercised and tested for Gridded2DSets.

You may want to experiment with visualizations of your
second Field, possibly overlaid with your first, so make
sure its what you expect.