Re: Ambiant Light going off on animation

  • To: Laurent BEIGBEDER <lbeigbed@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Ambiant Light going off on animation
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:38:57 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Laurent,

The AmbientLight is constructed in the DisplayRenderer
and added as a child of the root BranchGroup of the
scene graph. There is no code in VisAD to delete or
modify the AmbientLight. It is possible for appliation
code to call the getRoot() method to get a reference
to the root, then to delete or modify the AmbientLight.
I sincerely doubt that your code or Ugo's does this, so
this may be some weird behavior of Java3D in Applets.
I can't see any connection to mouse clicks. If you can
come up with any more evidence about what is going on,
I will look into it.