Re: NetCDF Question

Hi Kevin:

I think what you want to do is something like:
lines = domain.getX().getLength()
elements = domain.getX().getLength()

There is also a static utility method in visad.python.JPythonMethods:
    public static int[] getDomainSizes(Data d)

that should return the dimensions. This class is a collection of methods for the Jython work, but is also usable from "regular java"...

tom

Kevin Manross wrote:

Greetings,

I've been searching the email archives for a couple of days now and cannot seem to find (or perhaps understand) a solution to the following:

I have a netCDF file that I can open up in a visad Plain and it gives me the FlatField ((Longitude, Latitude) -> Altitude). I would like to get the X and Y dimension *values* from my netCDF file.

(Performing a getDoubles() or getSamples() on the domain set results in an index-order array of lat/lon points, i.e. XxY points, and I'm interested in creating a rectangle of points that outlines my lat/lon domain. I've noticed, the ucar.unidata.geoloc.LatLonRect class, but was hoping to use the "raw" data from my files.)

Can someone get me pointed in the right direction on this?

Thanks!!

-kevin.

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)