Re: technique for changing map projections within a display??

Don Murray wrote:

On second thought, why don't you just use one of the subclass
implementations of ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay
instead of recreating all this yourself? I've already done the hard
work. ;-)

Don

Hi Don, thanks for the pointer. Yes, I see that that class uses the same approach that I was using, keeping displayrealtype names unique using a counter. Obviously (??) any existing displayrealtypes are just discarded when the scalar maps are removed. Your class really does have much that i need, I'll consider subclassing it.

On a related note, is there any form of 'tutorial' or docs on IDV for developers? The user's guide seems more of a manual for the IDV app itself. The class library looks very powerful, it might just be that people don't know what there is available and/or where to look.

Thanks a lot.

Stuart Maclean