Re: technique for changing map projections within a display??

Hi Stuart-

Stuart Maclean wrote:

Hmm, it's just dawned on me that IDV allows in-display map projections on the fly, can anyone enlighten me there?

The IDV just creates a new DisplayTupleType with a new
CoordinateSystem for each new projection and redoes the scalar
maps for Latitude, Longitude and Altitude to the new
DisplayRealTypes.  See the setMapProjection method
in ucar.unidata.view.geoloc.MapProjectionDisplay source
code (and follow down the chain to the resetMapParameters and
setDisplayTypes and setSpatialScalarMaps methods)
for what we do to change a projection.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
        "Time makes everyone interesting, even YOU!"