Re: Longitude, latitude maps

  • Subject: Re: Longitude, latitude maps
  • From: Luke Matthews <l.matthews@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:53:03 +1000
Hi Don and list,

What is the possibility of rolling your shapefile adapter code into VisAD. From memory we modified the IDV adapter to suit our needs. I think that there would be alot of potential users for this functionality. I am more than hapy to put my hand up to do some of the work.

Cheers,
Luke Matthews.

Meteorological Systems Section, CCSB
Bureau of Meteorology
Australia.

Don Murray wrote:

Hi all-

visad.jar does not support a native shapefile reader, so if
you use the shapefile, you will need to use something like
Unidata's ShapefileAdapter (part of the IDV package).

Also, for an example of maps in a display with lat/lon
axis labels, see the code at:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/dmurray/MapTest.java

Don

Ugo Taddei wrote:

Hello Bill,