`VisADLineArray

For a java package to extend the IDV I wish to make a subclass of the IDV's MetSymbol that draws a symbol in the z=0 plane that is filled and has more than 4 vertices. The existing IDV code makes symbols of (unfilled) lines using VisADLineArray, and filled symbols of of 3 and 4 vertices that using VisADTriangleArray and VisADQuadArray, and specifing the normals to each edge. See for example ucar.visad.ShapeUtility.java. How are filled symbols of more than 4 vertices coded? I need circles and ovals made from trig functions of angles.

Stuart Wuer