Re: VisAD and ESMF

Hi Riccardo,

I don't know much about ESMF, but a quick browse of:

  http://www.esmf.ucar.edu/

suggests that ESMF does not specify a particular
visualization system. I don't see any competition
between VisAD and ESMF. It shouldn't be difficult
to adapt the VisAD data model to ESMF data. I
understand that VisAD is being used with WRF,
another collaborative model project. I did see
mention of Vis5D on the ESMF site, in connection
with visualization at the ECMWF, and other
visualization systems.

Cheers
Bill