VisAD and ESMF

I am new to the VisAD technologies and I arrived to discover it by searching methods and models to couple meteorological models and hydrological models.

I see in VisAD a great opportunity, however I observe that at UCAR it was recently started an ambitious program called ESMF (Earth System Modelling Framework) which seems to go in different directions. Does someone thought to fill the gaps between VisAD and ESFM ? (Sometimes cooperation is better than competition!)

Thank you in advance for any information,

Riccardo Rigon

Universita` di Trento Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale
                                         CUDAM
Via Mesiano, 77
Trento      (ITALIA)
e-mail: