Re: building a grid with irregularly spaced axes

Hi Eric,

You can do thhis with GriddedSets, since they do not
assume even spacing or even that grid boxes are parallel
to the coordinate axes. The system does not include an
implementation of Gridded4DSet, so I recommend expressing
your data as a FieldImpl of FlatFields, with MathType:

  (t -> ((x, y, z) -> (list, of, dependent, variables)))

The domain Set of the outer FieldImpl would be a
Grided1DSet of your t values, and the domain Set
of your inner FlatFields would be a Gridded3DSet of
your (x, y, z) values (note the FlatFields can all
share the same Gridded3DSet). The Gridded3DSet
constructor takes a 'float[][] samples' argument
dimensioned [3][number_of_samples] where

  number_of_samples
    number_of_x * number_of_y * number_of_z

Note that Gridded3DSets are constructed in the Test37.java
and Test67.java programs in the visad/examples directory.