Re: fine level control

Hi Michael,

You can do something almost as convenient. Assume that
'float new_values[length]' are the values for the k-th
component of 'field' where 'length = field.getLength()':

  float[][] values = field.getFloats(false); / don't copy
  // just update values for field component k
  values[k] = new_values;
  field.setSamples(values, false); // don't copy

You may need to initialize the values array to all
Float.NaN the first time you do this.