Re: On the nature of irregular sets

Hi,

Bill Hibbard wrote:

Hi Ugo,

couple of questions on the subject:

Is there a way to get javax.media.j3d.TriangleArray's from my
aforementioned Irregular2DSet? If not, how do I grab the coordinates of
a given (delaunay) triangle?

The vertex integers are indices into the samples array of
the associated IrregularSet, and the samples array values
give the coordinates.
OK.

As said, I've used the irregular set because of its triangulation
capabilities...Now I know it works, I'm trying to serialize the
object(s). Are FlatFields not serializable?

They should be. If you are getting an Exception, please
send us the stack dump with line numbers.
DataUtility is saying this:

java.io.NotSerializableException: java.lang.Object
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1332) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1304) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
   at visad.util.DataUtility.isSerializable(DataUtility.java:1454)

and forcing a writeObject results in this:

java.io.NotSerializableException: java.lang.Object
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1332) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1304) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
   at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)

The object is a FlatField, displays ok. I can save (serialize) the domain set (irregular2d).

visad.jar is the latest.

Cheers,

Ugo

l a t / l o n  GmbH
Meckenheimer Allee 176          53115 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 732838          fax ++49 +228 732153
http://www.lat-lon.de           http://www.deegree.org