Re: How to get all metadata

Hi Radovan,

Whether particular metadata from a FITS file is available
via VisAD depends on whether the open() method of
visad.data.fits.FitsForm reads the data into values in
the visad.DataImpl object that open() returns. If FitsForm
does not read some data that you need access to, then you'll
need to read the FITS file directly (possibly using the
classes in the nom.tam.fits package that is distributed with
VisAD). You might even create your own custom extension of
visad.data.Form for reading FITS files into visad.DataImpl
objects. Similar comments apply to any file format.