Re: Windows flikers when in active stereo

Hi Bernard-

Bernard Mendiburu /Loni-UCLA/ wrote:

I'm using IDV with OpenGL stereoscopy and active shutter glasses.
And in stereo mode, the 2D contents of the windows (menus, buttons, pull-downs...) are displayed in the left eye only. If you try this, even without any glasses, you can see the windows fading out to 50% gray.
(and if you can blink at 60Hz, you'll see the trouble !!!)

This is not restricted to the IDV and depends on the hardware you use
for stereo and any Java 3D application.  Try setting the
sharedstereozbuffer property:

-Dj3d.sharedstereozbuffer=true

for the IDV this would be something like:

./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Dj3d.sharedstereozbuffer=true -jar idv.jar $*

If that works, I'll add it to the IDV FAQ.

Is there any workaround for this ?

Try the above and let us know.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters