Re: Query for VisAD digest

Hi Ian,

In order to display multiple isosurfaces of the same
Field, you need to make multiple Fields with the same
values but with different range RealTypes (each mapped
to IsoSurface with different iso-levels). This does
not necessarily mean the data need to be copied, as
multiple FlatFields may share the same range values if
they are passed to setSamples() with copy = false.

Multiple transparent isosurfaces is not, IMHO, very
effective visually, especially given the problems with
transparency and sort order of rendering. Volume
rendering can give you a similar effect without the
transparency and sort-order problems.