Re: Scatter Plot Animation w/ Increasing # Particles

Hi Mike,

You can update a subset of a FlatField's range samples
using the setSamples() signature:

  public void setSamples(int start, double[][] range)

Here, start is the index of the first sample to update,
and range[0].length is the number of samples to update.
Sorry this was not documented.

However, the display logic will update the display of all
FlatField points. It may help a bit if the unused sample
val;ues are all set to NaN (i.e., missing).

If this is still to slow, you can partition your FlatField
and its domain Integer1DSet into disjoint sub-intervals,
with each FlatField independently linked to the Display
via its own DataReference. When you need to update sample
values, only update those FlatFields with samples that
change.