Re: Rendering an image

Hi Bill-

Bill Hibbard wrote:

VisAD does make a geometry for an image, but also an array
of pixels for texture mapping. Shapes can include the
geometry but not the texture map array. You can reduce an
iamge to pure geometry, but it requires two triangles per
pixel which will be slow for large images. You can
experiment with speed and memory use by disabling texture
mapping off when you display an image.

Where is the geometry made (class/method)?  Most of the
images I'm dealing with are small (legends, icons), so I
don't think speed will be an issue.

Thanks.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters