Re: error

Hi Curtis,

I ran the SpreadSheet with the "-debug" command line flag and I got the message below. As you can see, the problem was in the Stub files. Actually, when I run "make debug" or "make compile", the Stub files aren't correctly generated and don't know why (maybe the problem is the rmic). Anyway, using the JBuilder I've got well-generated Stub files and now my SpreadSheet is running fine.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Lourena.

--------------

java.rmi.StubNotFoundException: Stub class not found: visad.RemoteDataImpl_Stub; nested exception is:
       java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: visad.RemoteDataImpl_Stub
       at sun.rmi.server.RemoteProxy.getStub(RemoteProxy.java:98)
       at sun.rmi.server.RemoteProxy.getStub(RemoteProxy.java:55)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.setSkeleton(UnicastServerRef.java:179) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:142) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:129) at java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject(UnicastRemoteObject.java:275) at java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject(UnicastRemoteObject.java:178) at java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.<init>(UnicastRemoteObject.java:75) at java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.<init>(UnicastRemoteObject.java:61)
       at visad.RemoteThingImpl.<init>(RemoteThingImpl.java:52)
       at visad.RemoteDataImpl.<init>(RemoteDataImpl.java:53)
       at visad.ss.BasicSSCell.sendMessage(BasicSSCell.java:523)
       at visad.ss.BasicSSCell.setDimension(BasicSSCell.java:1854)
       at visad.ss.BasicSSCell.setupServer(BasicSSCell.java:731)
       at visad.ss.BasicSSCell.<init>(BasicSSCell.java:268)
       at visad.ss.FancySSCell.<init>(FancySSCell.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
       at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.createCell(SpreadSheet.java:3815)
at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.constructSpreadsheetCells(SpreadSheet.java:2879) at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.constructSpreadsheetCells(SpreadSheet.java:2865)
       at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.<init>(SpreadSheet.java:1175)
       at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.main(SpreadSheet.java:530)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: visad.RemoteDataImpl_Stub
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
at sun.rmi.server.RemoteProxy.loadClassFromClass(RemoteProxy.java:191)
       at sun.rmi.server.RemoteProxy.getStub(RemoteProxy.java:93)
       ... 24 more
Cell constructor failed to produce a FancySSCell object!
at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.constructSpreadsheetCells(SpreadSheet.java:2880) at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.constructSpreadsheetCells(SpreadSheet.java:2865)
       at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.<init>(SpreadSheet.java:1175)
       at visad.ss.SpreadSheet.main(SpreadSheet.java:530)

Curtis Rueden wrote:

Hi again Lourena,

There is one other thing that would be extremely helpful
in diagnosing this problem. Please run the SpreadSheet
with the "-debug" command line flag. Before receiving the
NullPointerException, you should some other output
indicating what went wrong in constructing the FancySSCell
objects. If you could send any such output to me, I would
appeciate it.

Thanks,
Curtis