RE: error description

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Kam, Michelle C wrote:

> Unfortunately, when I re-compiled the package with your new
> DisplayImpl.java, there are no null pointer exceptions, but I still have
> the java.lang.InternalError's that I had before. When I try to run the
> spreadsheet with 12 columns and 4 rows, I still only see mappings in the
> first 12 cells and the rest are just plain black squares with not even
> the white outline of a cube that blank mappings would at least show.
>
> C:\gvs>java -mx512m src.GVSSpreadSheet  1>temp.txt
> visad.BadMappingException: Display.addMap: two RealTypes are mapped to
> Animation
>       at visad.DisplayImpl.addMap(DisplayImpl.java:1928)
>       at visad.DisplayImpl.addMap(DisplayImpl.java:1844)
> . . .
>
> java.lang.InternalError
>       at
> javax.media.j3d.MasterControl.getCanvasBit(MasterControl.java:1049)
>       at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.addNotify(Canvas3D.java:1324)
>       at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Unknown Source)
>       at javax.swing.JComponent.addNotify(Unknown Source)
>       at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Unknown Source)
> . . .
> This same error shows up when I run the program at my old computer which
> can run a 4x4 SS just fine. Problems occur on that computer when I try
> to use a 12x4 SS.
>
> Let me know if you need my files,

The important point hidden in your message is that my fix did
indeed fix the problem it was intended to.

The visad.BadMappingException you sent says "two RealTypes are
mapped to Animation" and you must fix your ScalarMaps so you
don't have two RealTypes mapped to Animation.

The java.lang.InternalError you sent looks like a Java3D or
AWT bug. I am not sure about the strange behavior you are
seeing with large SpreadSheets.