Re: VisAD GUI

Hi Dave,

Glad you like Vis5D. I haven't heard of anyone replicating the
Vis5D GUI in VisAD. However, Unidata's IDV has a great GUI that
uses VisAD to support most Vis5D functions, plus a whole lot
more (satellite data, radar data, point data, browsing and
downloading data from ADDE and DODS servers, a bunch of analysis
commands, Python scripting, and excellent on-line tutorial and
user's guide). It can't match Vis5D's performance, but its not
bad on current-generation machines. You can get the IDV from:

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/metapps/index.html

I've CC'ed the Vis5D and McIDAS mailing lists in case people
there have similar questions.